Friday, September 25, 2009

The BEST buttermilk pancakes!

I have a buttermilk pancake recipe I love. So when I came across this recipe on Joy the Baker, I realized it was exactly the same as mine but with butter instead of oil. Can't go wrong with butter. (She puts chocolate chips in hers as well. We're not so wild about chocolate chips in our pancakes so I left them out.) So I tried my recipe with her changes of butter. Oh they were so GOOD! We served them with buttermilk syrup. Can't go wrong with buttermilk syrup either. :)

2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 cups buttermilk
4 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)

Mix eggs, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients all at once and mix well.

Pour batter onto preheated griddle on medium heat. I won't go into when to flip your pancake. I think most people know how to do that. Repeat with remaining batter.

Makes 12 medium-sized pancakes or more depending on how small you make them.