Friday, November 20, 2009

Candy Corn Turkey Treats

I'll be the first to admit this isn't the cutest picture. I just couldn't get a cute one. But these little turkeys are great fun! We made these for a cub scout activity and the boys really enjoyed it. We made them along with Nutter Butter Reindeer. I'll be posting it soon.

Ritz crackers (body)
Hershey kisses (head & neck)
Chocolate frosting
Candy Corn (feathers, gobbler, & beak)

Make your frosting (or buy it). Spread a layer of chocolate over Ritz cracker. Press 5 candy corns into the top, making sure the fat part is at the top (like a feather). I prefer the darker candy corns (with the brown and orange), but the store I went to didn't have them. I think it would be fun to actually alternate the two kinds of candy corn, too. Press one Hershey kiss into the bottom part of the turkey for the body and then, with a tiny bit of frosting on the bottom, stick one more candy corn on top of the Hershey kiss to make the gobbler and beak.

Feast on a sweet treat!!!

6 comments:

Keri Lyn @ She Saved said...

I love this? can I copy your photo and share this with my readers? I would love to give you credite and a link back...this is DARLING !!!...and right up my alley as far as skill level goes, lol.

Jill said...

Keri, that would be fine with me. I am going to be posting the Nutter Butter Reindeer on Monday. It is super cute as well. :)

Keri Lyn @ She Saved said...

oh my goodness...glad I didn't post that yet... if it's ok with you, I think I will post both... you have such great stuff! thank you!!

Jill said...

Keri, glad you liked the Nutter Butter Reindeer. They're both so simple. I thought the reindeer turned out super cute. Love your site, too! Glad we found each other. :)

Keri Lyn @ She Saved said...

Hey Jill! I just shared your cute turkey (and I am going to make it with my kids and the cousins on Thursday!) ... I will come back and grab the reindeer for a Dec. post, if you don't mind (with a link back to you, of course!) Thanks for sharing...your blog is darling! I also put a link up to you on my right side bar (I am wanting to make a specific area for great recipe blogs, so I am working on that...so many ideas!! thanks!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

bath mateus said...

Amazing so nice posting, I like it.
Bathmate