Friday, October 30, 2009

Frank's Heinz 57 Meatballs

These meatballs were created purely from "throwing in this and that" until it looked right. In fact I still don't know what to call them. If you make them and come up with a good idea.... let me know. :) The flavor of these meatballs was amazing! They don't look pretty.... no matter how hard I tried to take pictures from different angles. However, you won't be disappointed. And don't let the Frank's Red Hot Sauce throw you off. There's not a lot in the recipe and it just gives it a great flavor. They're not spicy by any means. My kids loved them!

1 lb hamburger, thawed
1/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs
2 Tbsp Heinz 57
2 tsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce, original flavor
1 tsp minced onions
1/2 tsp minced garlic

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. (Note, I accidentally put in an egg. It doesn't need it. In fact, it is better without it.)

Now, I don't normally like the smell of ground beef (especially when I'm pregnant), but the smell of this was so yummy! I couldn't wait to see what the end result would be.Using an ice cream scoop (and plastic gloves if desired), roll mixture into about 1 inch balls.
Place in glass baking dish. This made 24 meatballs.Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Turn over and bake an additional 10 minutes.Serve with your choice of side dish. We did loaded mashed potatoes and a salad. The kids liked dipping their meatballs in Bullseye BBQ sauce. With or without sauce, they were super delicious! I'll be posting the recipe for loaded mashed potatoes on Monday.